Shortness of breath is a pathological phenomenon, which in the event of its development must be paid attention to, since significantly difficult breathing can sometimes threaten a person’s life. Causes of difficulty breathing can be various diseases. Separately, it is worth considering only those patients who are asthmatics, since they remove difficulty breathing with special drugs.
With the development of shortness of breath, the frequency of inhalation and the volume of air when inhaled undergo changes.
The causes of difficulty breathing play an important role in conjunction with a person’s state of health. For example, some begin to suffocate after a ten-minute run, while others can spend hours of intense physical labor, but not feel worse.
Causes of difficulty breathing:
– an obstruction in the passage of air through the nose, mouth or throat;
– a powerful emotional outburst: anger or aggression;
– pulmonary diseases, for example, pneumonia, bronchitis and bronchial asthma, lung obstruction, increased pulmonary arterial pressure;
– diseases of the cardiovascular system: complications after angina, malfunctions of heart rhythms, heart muscle defects. Lack of breathing can cause disorders of the cardiovascular system, due to which the heart muscle is not able to drive blood through the vessels with sufficient speed, respectively, the internal organs are deficient in oxygen.
– various kinds of allergies;
– severe blood infections, such as diabetes and blood infection, a disorder in the ratio of substances in the blood serum;
– poor physical condition, lack of exercise;
– fullness and obesity;
– compression of the sternum wall;
– panic attacks and chronic fears;
– change of environmental conditions when the body does not have time to adapt;
How does shortness of breath manifest
One of the main manifestations of shortness of breath is inhibited communication with the interlocutor. When a person has difficulty breathing, he becomes unable to understand the questions asked. In addition, with the development of shortness of breath, a person lowers his head, since oxygen deficiency in muscles and tissues affects their condition. Another sign of shortness of breath is the inability to concentrate, since a lack of oxygen in the blood negatively affects the functioning of the brain.
Shortness of breath is easy to detect when examining a patient. People with shortness of breath are alike.
those who climbed several times and went down the stairs of a nine-story building. They cannot speak in long sentences, try to breathe deeply, compensating for the lack of air.
If a person suffering from difficulty breathing has the following symptoms, then you need to seek medical help:
– pain and a feeling of contraction inside the chest;
– difficulty breathing even in a calm state;
– the inability to sleep in a prone position, a person can only sleep in a sitting position;
– whistling and wheezing sounds are heard during breathing;
– it’s hard for a person to swallow;
– in the throat there is a sensation of finding a foreign body;
– for several days in a row an elevated temperature is kept;
– there is difficulty breathing allergic in nature.
Employees of the American State Institute of Health consider an allergic reaction to be the main cause of shortness of breath. An allergy can open up on household dust, mold, plants, food. In addition, all kinds of insects and animals, drugs can cause allergies.