Bronchial asthma: causes of respiratory disorders

Today, the diagnosis of bronchial asthma is not a sentence, although this pathology requires attention and treatment, but you should not be ashamed of it. There are many reasons for the development of respiratory disorders in asthma, and one of them is atopy (the development of allergies to certain substances with increased body sensitivity). But not all cases of asthma are allergic, there are other factors that provoke and support chronic bronchial inflammation. If we talk about allergens, there are several leading groups of causes – pollen (the development of pollinosis), food, medicines and household allergens.

Bronchial asthma: need control

Many patients are very shy of the diagnosis   bronchial asthma, worrying about how their future life will develop. But it is important to understand that this is a medical problem, correctly chosen therapy for asthma and finding out the reasons provocateurs for attacks can help lead a fully fulfilling life. Many famous people have a similar diagnosis, which did not prevent them from realizing themselves in life, taking control of their illness, understanding the basis of the changes taking place, taking medications and seeing a doctor. So, the bronchial asthma was at the president D. Kennedy , this diagnosis is made by S. Stone and Pink , which does not prevent them from being realized in the profession. There are famous athletes – skiers, swimmers, who won Olympic rewards with this diagnosis.

Breathing disorders: where are they from?

As one of the leading factors predisposing to respiratory disorders and the occurrence of asthma, allocate unfavorable heredity. In the presence of asthma attacks in one of the parents, the risk of developing them in a child reaches 30%, if both parents have asthma, the chances of developing attacks increase to 70%.

A separate factor that violates   breath   and provoking asthma attacks, is atopy . This is the production in the body of a large number of immune cells that form allergies. Such people initially inherit a high risk of allergic reactions, but not only asthma, it can be skin, anaphylactic reactions.People with asthma develop chronic inflammation in the bronchi, which leads to periodic bronchospasm and viscous sputum, which make breathing difficult. And the existing allergy also provokes swelling of the mucous membranes, which makes it more difficult for air to pass through the narrowed bronchi.

Atopic asthma: the role of allergies and allergens

Not all asthma attacks are based on the development of allergies, for this form a separate option is highlighted – atopic asthma. If we only consider it precisely, allergies and corresponding reactions from the bronchi form under the influence of several groups of provocateurs (they are called allergens). So, household allergens surrounding a person in their usual life and the walls of their own home, for example, ordinary room dust, are essential. Over the course of a year, a few kilograms of this substance is formed in an ordinary apartment, and several million dust particles enter the airway daily. Dust allergy is specific, it contains various particles that are unique to each dwelling: hair components, animal and human epidermis, fluff, smog, cinder from the street, book dust and much more. Micro dust mites live in dust particles – Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus , often their metabolic products provoke episodes of bronchial asthma in sensitized people. Such an allergy is year-round, it may increase in the evening, it is partly increased in the cold season, when people spend more time at home, indoors.

Pollinosis: reactions to pollen

Atopic bronchial asthma can be one of the variants of pollinosis (pollen reaction). Among the allergens that provoke such variants of allergies, there are three groups of plants. First of all – it is a shrub with trees, whose pollen has a sensitizing effect in pollinosis. Dangerous can be hazel, birch, oak, elm, wild rose and many others, pollinated by the wind and having small sizes of pollen. Weeds (for example, ambrosia with quinoa, plantain blossoms, wormwood, etc.) or cereals (both wild-growing and cultivated) can provoke pollinosis. Pollinosis in its various forms manifests itself in the flowering season of these groups of plants – in spring and summer, partly in early autumn. For some plants, cross-reactions are also possible: allergy to wormwood can provoke a reaction to the flowering of chamomile or dandelion.

Food and drugs: role in provocation attacks

Food components may provoke reactions. The most dangerous is considered to be fish and cow’s milk, citrus fruits, some varieties of cheese and chocolate, honey, eggs, nuts. But the spectrum of allergens for each patient can be unique, and special hypoallergenic food is recommended to reduce the allergenic load and the risk of seizures.

In asthma, the use of certain drugs, including those that are widely used, is dangerous. So, a special variant of asthma is aspirin . With her, the body is particularly sensitive to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, especially acetylsalicylic acid and salicylates. Reactions proceed as pseudo-allergic, that is, without prior sensitization to the substance.

Dangerous reactions to drugs such as   antibiotics, vitamins or iodine preparations, radiopaque compounds, anesthetics. Medications can also form cross-reactions, which is important to remember. In the presence of such reactions, it is important, before starting the treatment of any pathologies, to list medicines to the doctor, for which attacks are possible.

In addition, SARS and microbial infections, the presence of various air pollutants, chemicals in the indoor and outdoor air, tobacco smoke have a negative impact on the course of asthma. Often they become provocateurs of attacks or deterioration of stress and psycho-emotional stress or physical exertion, sudden changes in weather and humidity, hypothermia or overheating of the body .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *